November is here, and I’ve been slacking! Well not slacking really, but slacking on blog updates. So what’s been going on?
- Election: It happened. That’s all I’m going to say about it right now. In a former version of myself I was a political junkie. I moderate myself on that stuff these days for ‘reasons’
- Book promos: I ran a Book Gorilla promo, and did a two week blog tour. I got 14 sales and 1000 pages read out of the BookGorilla promo, but still ended up being a net negative. The book blog tour… well.. it was ok. But I didn’t really get much out of it, no book sales, no real increase in blog or twitter traffic. All in all, I don’t think I’ll do it again. Do NOT take this as a negative on the company I used, they were awesome. I just don’t see the point of the book blog tour after doing one.
- Photoshop: I’m learning it! Whoot! Main reason? I want to do my own covers. I’m cheap, I want to make them for myself. Who knows if I get good enough, maybe for other people… maybe.
- Writing: I’m working on the next book in the Echo Worlds series, started a new book in a new series, and have had an idea of a book that sort of goes along with the Echo Worlds series. I be busy.
- Time of year: It’s the holidays, or at least the Holiday ‘season’ here in the States. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Add in my son’s Birthday (and mine, though I don’t really think about it much.) and personal life is busy.
So all those reasons being said, I still feel somewhat bad about slacking on the blog updates here in November. I shall attempt to do more, and be more active!